Chunky Monkey. Cherry Garcia. Chubby Hubby. Everyone has their favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor. What’s yours?
What started as an introductory course on the manufacturing of ice cream has turned into one of the world’s most famous ice cream producers. Lifelong friends Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield opened their first ice cream shop in downtown Burlington in 1978. Today the company has become an international sensation, with locations spanning the globe including the Czech Republic, Israel, Singapore and the United Kingdom amongst many others.
Ben and Jerry’s Factory Tour
Looking to learn more about the production of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and explore the ice cream factory? Located on a sprawling pasture overlooking the Worcester Range, the factory guided tours are fun and educational for people of all ages. On the tour, guests will first begin with an informative video on the history of the company and its founders, before experiencing a “bird’s eye view” directly onto the production floor where informative guides will explain the full manufacturing process. Then it’s off to the tasting room, where everyone will get to sample the flavor of the day!
- Factory Tour Hours
- October 19 - June 27: 10am-6pm
- July 28 - August 15: 9am-9pm
- August 16 - October 8: 9am-7pm
- The last tour leaves 1 hour prior to closing
- $4 for guests over 12 years old, $3 for seniors, and children 12 and under are free
- Transportation: The Ben & Jerry’s factory is located approximately 30 miles from our Burlington hotel
- Please expect an approximate 40 minute drive
- Ben & Jerry’s factory address: 128 Waterbury Stowe Rd, Waterbury, VT
- Group Reservations
- For parties of 10 or more, reservations are highly encouraged
- Please call (802) 882-1240 ext. 2285 Monday-Friday for reservations
- Parking is complimentary at the factory’s entrance
Learn more about things to do in Burlington.