Vermont may not be known for its wine like California or France, but it certainly has a proud history and strong reputation for producing some of the finest microbrews in the country. One of which is Magic Hat, a locally manufactured beer since 1997 when the company first opened its doors in South Burlington. Locally revered, Magic Hat has slowly grown a legion of faithful connoisseurs with year-round beers such as Magic Hat #9 and Single Chair Ale, and seasonal brews including Wacko and Howl.
The Magic Hat Brewery tour
On your next visit to Burlington, we encourage a visit to the Magic Hat Brewery for either free guided or self-guided tour. Stop in and see how Magic Hat produces 400 bottles of beer each minute, before stopping in at The Growler Bar where 48 taps include year-round products, the current seasonal offerings and even the occasional experimental brew.
- Brewery Tour Hours
- Self-guided tours
- Monday-Saturday: 10am-7pm
- Sunday: 12pm-5pm
- Guided tours
- Tuesday-Wednesday: 3pm and 4pm
- Thursday-Friday: 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm
- Saturday: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm
- Sunday: 2pm and 3PM
- Free for all patrons over the age of 21
- For parties of 15 or more, please call ahead at (802) 658-2739
- The Magic Hat Brewery is located approximately 5 miles from our Burlington hotel
- Please expect a 10 minute drive
- Magic Hat Brewery address: 5 Bartlett Bay Road, South Burlington VT 05403
- Parking is complimentary at the brewery entrance
Learn more about things to do in Burlington.