Whether you are looking for an alternative to sending flowers or candy, or simply looking to personalize a special teddy bear for yourself or a loved one, the Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a fun and unique way to create a one-of-a-kind teddy. What began in the early 1980s when a Burlington visitor wanted to send her bear home has turned into a popular tradition for friends from far and near.
Vermont Teddy Bear Factory Tour
Today, more than 150,000 people visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Company’s factory to learn how each bear is made, personalize their own special bear in the Make a Friend for Life® Clubhouse or purchase a pre-dressed favorite. The next time you are celebrating an occasion, look to this fun way to say “I love you”, “Congratulations”, “Happy Birthday” or any other occasion.
- Bear Shop Hours:
- Summer season (July 1 – October 25): 9:00am-6:00pm
- Winter season (October 26 – June 30): 9:00am-5:00pm
- Factory Tour
- Summer season (July 1 – October 25): 9:30am-5:00pm (Sunday-Thursday), 9:30-6:00pm (Friday and Saturday), every half hour
- Winter season (October 26 – June 30): 10:00am-4:00pm, every hour
- Adults: $4
- Seniors: $3
- Children (12 and under): Free
- Transportation: The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is located approximately 9 miles from our Burlington hotel
- Please expect an approximate 15 minute drive
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company address: 6655 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
- Parking is complimentary at the factory and store’s entrance
Learn more about things to do in Burlington.